Apple’s Portrait mode has been great since it arrived in 2016 and continues to go from strength to strength. But there’s one aspect that has yet to be improved – its ability to function when recording video.
At the moment, Apple’s stock Camera app just doesn’t support it at all, but as ever, there’s now an app for that in the form of Focos Live.
Available for download from the App Store for free, Focos Live lets you record 720p video without spending a penny. Anything higher resolution than that – 1080p and 4K, specifically – requires the $14.99 in-app purchase. There’s also a subscription model available, too.
Focos Live is the video version of the popular Focos App. With the functionality of taking portrait videos with wide aperture and bokeh effect, Focos Live is the next big thing when it comes to computational photography. With Focos Live, you can make limitless customization of any portrait video that you create, and you can even change the aperture as many times as you wish.
Focos Live offers master class video editing capability, amplified flexibility, and more functionality than any App that you may have tried before. With keyframe and adjustment layers for all options and easily navigable options for both beginners and experts, Focos Live is second to none.
That certainly sounds promising, doesn’t it? We’ve also seen test video created by Ben Geskin and, sure enough, it looks pretty great.
iPhone 11 – ‘Focos Live’ video pic.twitter.com/bO3Fi08B3V
— Ben Geskin (@BenGeskin) July 6, 2020
However, Geskin does point out that there’s currently no stabilization going on, making for some potentially bouncy content. We don’t know whether that’s something that will be added in the future, but given the hoops likely being jumped through to make this work at all, we wouldn’t want to bet on it.
For now, this is definitely a great option if you want to add some bokeh to your video. Just perhaps don’t expect it to be amazing quality afterward.
(Download: Focos Live for iPhone and iPad from the App Store)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- iOS 14 Beta 2 Profile Download Release Date Expectation
- Download: iOS 13.6 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File, Beta 3 Of iPadOS 13.6 Out Now
- iOS 13.5.1 Downgrade No Longer Possible After Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak