How to take screenshots on the iPhone X when there is no Home button to speak of? Turns out that the device offers a new way to capture screenshots. Here’s how it works.
Apple announced its hotly anticipated iPhone X during a media event at the newly opened Steve Jobs Theater yesterday and while time was taken to show off the main new features of the device on-stage, there was one not-so-new feature that we have been wondering about since that announcement.
Taking screenshots on smartphones is something we all do much more often than we would ever imagine, and with the method of taking a screenshot on iOS devices having historically been a case of pressing the sleep/wake and Home buttons simultaneously, how do we do it on the iPhone X when there is no Home button?
Well, the good news is we can still take the screenshots we all seem to love posting to Twitter or Facebook, but you still have to press two buttons in order to do so. The method now includes the volume up button in lieu of the Home button. So, pressing the volume up button and the sleep/wake button, now apparently called “the side button” is the new way to go. Remember that folks, you’ll need it come November 3rd.
When you do take your screenshot, there is some confusion over how it will look. We have seen various tweets over the past 24 hours that contradict each other as to just how screenshots will appear when taken on an iPhone X. While some developers believe that there will be a notch at the top of the screenshot, as there is a notch in the display to house Apple’s new sensor systems, others disagree.
Right now, people are using the iPhone simulator in order to form their opinions, so we will have to wait for a real iPhone X to have a screenshot shared before we know for sure, but examples posted have shown the notch there as well as no notch at all. For now, we’re just going to sit tight before making a judgement on that one.
(Image sources: Guilherme Rambo [Twitter], Benjamin Mayo [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- Apple’s Face ID Vs Touch ID Comparison: Which Is Better And More Secure?
- iOS 11 Final GM Release Notes / Changelog: All Changes In One Place
- iPhone X Vs iPhone 8 Vs 8 Plus Vs iPhone 7 Specs Comparison
- Apple Watch Series 3 Vs Series 2 Vs Series 1 [Specs Comparison]
- iPhone X Vs Galaxy Note 8 Vs Galaxy S8 [Benchmarks Comparison]
- iOS 11 GM Download IPSW Links And OTA Golden Master Update Released
- Download iOS 11 GM & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]