With more and more of us left housebound by the ongoing coronavirus epidemic, Instagram has launched two new features related to the current situation. The first is a way for people to donate to causes and get stickers, and the other is a new co-watching feature.
Instagram has now made it easy to donate to coronavirus nonprofits with the donation sticker updated to now include them. That donation sticker is now also being rolled out to more countries, too.
The new Co-Watching thing is an interesting one, too. It allows multiple people to open a video chat and then browse Instagram together.
You can start a video chat by tapping the video chat icon in the Direct inbox or in an existing Direct thread, then view saved, liked and suggested photos/videos by tapping the photo icon in the bottom left corner in an ongoing video chat.
The idea is that those who are stuck in their homes can now get their Instagram on together, no matter where they are. We’re not sure how many people will truly use such a feature, but presumably, we aren’t the target audience – being old and such. Let us know in the comments if this is a feature that you intend to make use of.
The full list of changes includes:
- Including more educational resources in Instagram Search
- Adding stickers to promote accurate information
- Removing COVID-19 accounts from recommendations, unless posted by a credible health organization
- Rolling out the donation sticker in more countries and helping people find relevant nonprofits to support
- Creating a shared story to help those practicing social distancing connect with others, using a “Stay Home” sticker
- Launching a new way to browse Instagram with friends over video chat
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 For Compatible Devices Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak – How To
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak