It looks as though progress has been made as far as iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak is concerned. Abraham Masri, the developer behind the Saigon jailbreak and Houdini “semi-jailbreak,” has taken to Twitter to tease a screenshot of Cydia running on Apple’s iPhone X running iOS 11.1.2.
Most of the community is still in the dark about whether or not an actual iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak is in development on the back of the release Ian Beer exploit, and, if so, if it will ever get released into the public domain.
However, tweets like these, which clearly show that at least some talented individuals are actively working on the project, keep morale high and keep the enthusiastic community optimistic about something landing on their doorsteps sooner-rather-than-later. The teasing image had been liked nearly 1,000 times and retweeted close to 350 times at the time of this writing, which just goes to show that even the lesser known individual in the community have a substantial following.
In an effort to show optimism but also promote reality, Masri did issue a follow-up tweet with additional information about the state of Cydia and jailbreak on iOS 11.1.2. In short, the famous Cydia app does indeed run on iOS 11.1.2 devices but is “super limited”. What does “super limited” mean you ask? Well, according to Masri it means that “basically nothing works at the moment.”
Masri may not exactly be one of the so-called ‘big hitters’ in the jailbreak community but he has already shown himself extremely capable and willing of pulling together solutions that can be released to the public, as we’ve previously told you with the release of Houdini for iOS 10 – 10.3.2 devices. He has been keen to let his followers know that sharing and teasing an image of this nature isn’t something that he would normally do but wanted to share the progress as there has been a lot of time and effort placed into getting Cydia into this limited position of actually executing on iOS 11.1.2 devices.
That tweet was signed off with the stipulation that there is “so much work” that needs to be done. We can only hope that Masri is going to continue on that mission and see just how far he can take his experimentations with Cydia. As always, we’ll keep you abreast of any developers.
(Source: @cheesecakeufo [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak Gets Detailed, Here’s What You Need To Know
- Downgrade From iOS 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 For Jailbreak No Longer Possible Now, Here’s Why
- iOS 11.2.1 / 11.2 Jailbreak Untethered Has Been Successfully Achieved
- Download: iOS 11.2.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 11.2.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update With Critical Fix
- Download iOS 11, 11.2, 11.1.2 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.2.1 / 11.1.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]