You can now download iOS 11.4.1 beta 2 IPSW files and OTA update for your compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. Here are the details on this release.
One week after releasing first beta of iOS 12 to developers and two weeks after seeding iOS 11.4.1 beta 1 to both developers and public testers, Apple has now released iOS 11.4.1 beta 2.
For those of you who don’t know, iOS 11.4.1 is mainly a maintenance release designed to make iOS 11 as a whole as stable as possible by killing any bugs found in production iOS 11.4 firmware as well as patching any security holes that might still be there in current general public release.
With iOS 12 betas already in circulation and destined for release to public sometime this fall, unless there are any major security issues found in iOS 11.x after the final version release of iOS 11.4.1, it’s likely that this will be the last firmware version of iOS 11 before we say goodbye to the firmware which was unfortunately known more for its performance issues than the new features it brought to the table.
If you are a registered members of Apple Developer Program with correct configuration profile for iOS 11 betas installed on your device, you can grab the new OTA update from Settings > General > Software Update section of the device.
If installing from iTunes via IPSW file is what you prefer, then you can grab the required firmware file for your device from Apple Developer Program portal website at developer.apple.com.
Update x1: Apple has also released beta 2 of both macOS 10.13.6 and tvOS 11.4.1.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 With Electra Update Post Ian Beer’s Exploit Release
- 100+ iOS 12 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta OTA Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]