While there is understandably a huge amount of attention currently being lavished on iOS 12, the iPhone and iPad software that has only recently started its long journey through the treacherous beta program, it’s important to remember iOS 11.4, the latest official release of the same software.
It brought with it features such as AirPlay 2, something that had been promised for months, and it also appears to have brought something else – decidedly poor battery life.
This comes after a number of users began reporting that after installing iOS 11.4 onto a range of devices, they noticed that their battery life was severely diminished – something that is never good news for any smartphone user. Users have been taking to Apple’s support forums, complaining of the unfortunate development.
My iPhone 6s has the same issue after updating to iOS 11.4. I charged it up to 100 per cent, rebooted it then let it standby for 4 hours, the battery indicator dropped to 40 per cent. It has been three days since I updated to ios 11.4 and this issue happened every day.
It’s not just older devices either, with at least one iPhone X owner also experiencing what could be described as comparatively poor battery life.
I have an iPhone X, after installing iOS 11.4 my battery starting draining 2 to 3 times faster than before. I tried everything possible for a week to fix this. Nothing worked.
As always, there are a range of weird and wonderful potential solutions, few of which amount to anything other than snake oil. Turning off WiFi or only connecting to 2.4GHz networks rather than 5GHz are some of the potential solutions, but we’re dubious. Needless to say, Apple hasn’t said anything about any potential battery drain but with iOS 11.4.1 currently going through its own beta process, we may have a replacement for iOS 11.4 soon enough.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1: CoolStar Has Jailbroken The Firmware, Posted Screenshots, Provided More Details On Electra
- How To Buy iPhone X On iOS 11.3.1 For Jailbreak Purposes
- 100+ iOS 12 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta OTA Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]