Here are iOS 11 beta bugs and problems that we have discovered so far in the maiden release. This is a continuously updated running list of issues that we discover in iOS 11 throughout its beta cycle.
For those who have already installed the iOS 11 initial beta, or those who are thinking about taking the risk, this list will help them either make a decision to roll back to iOS 10, or to just prevent any additional users from moving until a more mature pre-release seed is released.
Without further ado, let’s just dive right in and tackle the issues that a number of early iOS 11 adopters have encountered to date. It is important to note that this list of issues are in addition to those highlighted by Apple in the official release notes of iOS 11 beta. You can find Apple’s list here: iOS 11 Beta 1 Release Notes And Known Issues According To Apple.
Ready? Here we go:
- First up, and as you might expect, the initial iOS 11 beta doesn’t provide great battery life. In fact in our tests, battery drainage is a common problem across many iPhones and iPads running iOS 11.
- There’s also a noticeable sluggish performance when interacting with content and scrolling through lists of data on various iPhones and iPads we have tested.
- This one might actually entertain users for a period of time, but there is also a quirky little bug which causes all icons to be put into wiggle mode when a device owner exits out of a folder of apps on Home screen.
- When composing an email in the Mail app, the “Send” button sometimes becomes in active and does not work.
- Tapping ten times on the App Store tab no longer refreshes App Store.
- Spotlight Search doesn’t always appear when accessed using pull down gesture on the Home screen.
- There’s also a very random issue which causes app icons to briefly disappear and then reappear when navigating in and out of folders.
- The list of the bizarre issues continues with a changing wallpaper which sometimes decides that the Lock screen wallpaper should appear on the Home screen.
- Most apps also fail to be retained in the memory and are unable to keep their previous state in the background.
- Apps sometimes just won’t update when using the App Store.
- Apps sometimes sporadically split in half and become entirely unusable.
- Home app has UI glitches throughout.
- iPhone can sometimes freeze when charging.
- 3D Touch gestures don’t always respond as expected.
- Drag and Drop on iPhone works system-wide on iPhone just like on iPad. Apple has confirmed that this is a bug. Drag and Drop on iPhone will only work within same apps.
This is, of course, the first beta of a major platform revamp, which means that it’s expected that it will have a number of very prominent bugs and glitches. For those who choose to push through and continue using the platform, make sure to continually use Apple’s feedback mechanisms to report issues and keep the amends coming.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 11 Beta To iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.3 [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 11 Features Apple Copied From Jailbreak Tweaks On Cydia
- 150+ Hidden / Secret iOS 11 Features For iPhone And iPad [Updated List]
- iOS 11 Beta Vs iOS 10 Visual Differences Comparison [Screenshots]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now
- Download iOS 11 Beta OTA Configuration Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]