iOS 11, macOS 10.13 High Sierra and tvOS 11 public beta 1 seed release date has been announced. Here are the details.
You would need to have been hiding in a cave all day to have missed the fact that Apple today held its WWDC 2017 opening keynote and, as expected, new versions of macOS, iOS and tvOS have been given their first outing. While none will be released until later in the year, all three are now available to download for those registered developers who need to have one or all running in order to be able to build apps against them.
As has become the norm now, Apple will also be offering both iOS 11 and macOS 10.13 High Sierra as free downloads as part of the Apple Beta Software Program that it has been running for a few years now. This time around, tvOS 11 will also be afforded the same offering, although we strongly suspect that the number of downloads of the newest tvOS release will be dwarfed by those associated with iOS and macOS.
Unfortunately, however, those looking to give the betas a run-through will need to wait a little while, with Apple’s public beta program not set to make today’s announcements available for download until later this month. While that will be disappointing to some, it will at least give Apple a chance to iron out whichever major bugs crop up following the initial round of developer testing, which is already underway.
Those who want to get their own beta fun can sign up for the public beta program now at beta.apple.com in advance of the macOS, iOS and tvOS releases in a few weeks. Signing up is free, but please do remember that these betas are exactly that – beta releases that are not yet ready for prime time. Factor that into your decision when installing them, especially on your main devices.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now
- iOS 11 Beta 1 Release Notes, Changes And Known Issues According To Apple
- 80+ Hidden / Secret iOS 11 Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 11 Beta To iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.3 [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11 Beta OTA Configuration Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]