Here’s full iOS 12 beta compatibility list to help you determine if your compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device will actually be capable of installing and running iOS 12 when it launches later this year.
Apple’s introduction of iOS 11 twelve months ago caused somewhat of a storm due to the fact that it immediately abandoned support for devices with a 32-bit architecture.
While it’s entirely understandable that older devices eventually need to reach their end of life as far as firmware updates go, it still managed to perplex a large set of device owners who were still using a 4-inch iPhone 5 or iPhone 5c. With iOS 12, there are no such surprises or killing off of devices, meaning that Apple has ensured once again that as many iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches are supported by its latest major firmware upgrade.
As with iOS 11, all 64-bit hardware will be supported by iOS 12, making the list of compatible devices as follows:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
2018 iPad (9.7-inch)
- 2017 iPad (9.7-inch)iPad Pro (9.7-inch)iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
- 2017 iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
- 2017 iPad Pro (10.5-inch)iPad mini 4iPad mini 3iPad mini 2iPad Air 2iPad Air
- iPod touch 6th generation
Of course, as well as the devices listed above, it goes without saying that any hardware introduced by Apple later in the year, such as the next-generation iPhone models, will also be fully compatible with iOS 12 and should give the best performance as the hardware and software should be perfectly married together.
If you do have one of the devices listed above or are planning to purchase Apple’s brand new hardware later in the year, then congratulations. You will get immediate access to iOS 12 and everything that it entails as soon as it’s released to the general public.
Of course, if it takes your fancy, you can also get yourself registered as a public beta tester as soon as Apple opens up registrations for it on Apple Beta Software Program portal. For now, iOS 12 beta is available for Apple Developer Program users only.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Release Notes, Changes, Known Issues According To Apple
- Download iOS 12 Beta OTA Configuration Profile File Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]