Apple recently released iOS 13.7 to the public after a short beta process. The update doesn’t make huge changes, although the addition of COVID-19 track and trace capabilities without the need for an app could prove vital.
Regardless, what we wanted to know what how well this update behaves in terms of battery life. Does it drain batteries quickly, or does it treat them with respect?
As ever, that’s something iAppleBytes also wanted to find out. And YouTube has the answer.
By taking an iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, and 2020 iPhone SE, iAppleBytes was able to run Geekbench’s battery test to see how things shook out. Place your bets now!
This video was shot 3 days after iOS 13.7 was installed, so it had time to settle in. I have seen many comments that it takes about a week for battery performance to optimize it self after an iOS update. I have always been skeptical on this statement as I have never personally had bad battery life right after I update. If I restore and download backup from iCloud well then that is another story. So I decided to run the battery test 3 days after I updated them. In those 3 days they were just idling with power connected. So let’s run the battery test again, and see if we will get some different results this time around.
The results were fairly positive for older devices, and less so for the newer ones. That being said, the differences weren’t what anyone would call huge and it’s always up for debate how these things actually reflect real-world usage. Still, it’s always good to get a benchmark, right?
How are you finding iOS 13.7? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 7 IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 7 Released
- Get iOS 14 Beta 7 Profile File Download Without Apple Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.7 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Released With Automatic COVID-19 Notifications
- Jailbreak iOS 13.7 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 13.7 To iOS 13.6.1, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak