Apple is making plenty of changes with the arrival of iOS 13 later this year, and one of them will be to allow users to download apps over cellular regardless of their size.
With iOS 12, Apple limits users to download apps that are 200MB big when using cellular data. That limit was 150MB until recently, and while 200MB is an improvement, it’s still not ideal. However, with iOS 13’s early betas, that limit is removed if users wish.
Now, users will have the option of choosing whether to limit themselves or not. Here’s how to make it so you can download any app over cellular data, regardless of its size.
Step 1: Open the Settings app and tap the iTunes & App Store option.
Step 2: Beneath the Cellular Data line, tap App Downloads.
Step 3: Choose the Always Allow option.
That’s all there is to it. By default, iOS 13 will ask users before it downloads anything over 200MB, and removing the limit altogether will make it much easier to download everything without a care in the world.
While many of us are now using phones with unlimited data plans, it’s still worth taking note when downloading apps. If they’re huge, you still run the risk of your carrier taking note, and there’s the added battery life that will be used when downloading big files over 4G LTE.
That said, it’s good to finally have the option to throw caution to the wind and download anything and everything from the App Store regardless of your connection type.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 Beta 3 Download Expected Release Date
- iOS 13 Public Beta Profile Download Release Date Now Said To Arrive This Month, Says Apple
- Download iOS 13 iPadOS Beta 2 OTA Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [Tutorial]
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Download Release Date Announced Along With macOS 10.15, tvOS 13 Public Betas
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Including iPadOS 13 Beta 2
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]