Here are iOS 14.0.1 and iPadOS 14.0.1 features, release notes, and changelog according to Apple itself. This information is relevant to all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users intending to download and use iOS/iPadOS 14.0.1.
Apple seems to be making a habit of releasing a major version of firmware that has been under test for quite some time and then quickly following up with another semi-major release that ensures that everything is working correctly and has the requite level of polish. It happened last year with iOS/iPadOS 13 and has happened again with iOS 14 and iPadOS 14.
In a similar vein to this time last year, Apple recently put testing of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 to bed by pushing the firmware versions out into the public domain. Now, the business has invoked the release process once again by pishing iOS 14.0.1 and iPadOS 14.0.1 out into the world, offering a polished experience and the eradication of more bugs. For a lot of people, this is the release that will convince them to ditch iOS 13.x.x and move across to iOS and iPadOS 14.
The great thing about these releases is that they can simply be installed over the top of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 for those who have already taken the plunge and installed the initial releases. Rather than introducing any major outward-facing changes, iOS 14.0.1 and iPadOS 14.0.1 simply consolidate Apple’s development branches and bring about additional polish, fewer bugs, and an overall improved experience that is designed to be as flawless as possible across all devices – including the hotly-anticipated iPhone 12 – whenever that makes an appearance.
So, if you are wanting the best possible iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 experiences, then you really should be considering getting this onto your devices as soon as possible.
If you need more clarity on what’s changed and want to whizz through iOS 14.0.1 and iPadOS 14.0.1 as specified by Apple’s internal engineers, then you can walk through the release notes embedded below. If you are going to go through with the installation, then it makes sense to know exactly what you are going to be installing onto your precious devices.
This update includes bug fixes for your iPad.
- Fixes an issue that could cause default browser and mail settings to reset after restarting your iPad
- Fixes an issue that could prevent your iPad from connecting to Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that could prevent sending email with some mail providers
- Addresses an issue that could prevent images from appearing in the News widget
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.0.1 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download iOS 14.0.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.0.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.0.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak