Apple recently released iOS 14.4.1 to the public with the sole aim of getting an important security fix out and into the wild. It’s done exactly that, but what does the update mean for the battery life of Apple’s iPhone range?
With the update not adding any new features it’s likely that you won’t see any huge differences, whether it’s beneficial or the opposite.
But as we have learned in the past there are all kinds of strange things that happen when you’re dealing with iOS updates. So, what’s the case with iOS 14.4.1? That’s something YouTube channel iApple Bytes sets out to do. The result? Check it out below.
This video was shot 3 days after iOS 14.4.1 was installed, so it had time to settle in. I have seen many comments that it takes about a week for battery performance to optimize itself after an iOS update. I have always been skeptical of this statement as I have never personally had bad battery life right after I update. If I restore and download backup from iCloud well then that is another story. So I decided to run the battery test 5 days after I updated them. In those 5 days they were just idling with power connected. So let’s run the battery test again, and see if we will get some different results this time around.
We won’t spoil the results for you, so go check the video out to see how things went down. It’s worth remembering that you’re likely to see different results depending on which particular iPhone you’re using and the current battery health. But this video will at least give you a benchmark to work off.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.4.1 Out Now
- How To Jailbreak iOS 14.3 With Unc0ver v6.0.0 On iPhone 12 Using AltStore
- Download Unc0ver v6.0.0 IPA iPhone 12 Jailbreak For iOS 14.3
- Want To Downgrade To iOS 14.3 From iOS 14.4 For Unc0ver Jailbreak? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 14.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak