We’ve heard various tidbits about what we can hopefully expect from iOS 14 after the team at 9to5Mac got their hands on some pre-production code. Based on snippets of that code, the outlet has been sharing all kinds of things, with a new CarKey feature being one of those. And now it seems BMW is in on the action, too.
CarKey will allow users to lock and unlock their cars using their phones, just like Tesla drivers can now. With CarKey enabled, it’s possible drivers won’t need their traditional keys at all. 9to5Mac has discovered code that suggests BMW is working with Apple on the feature, with the German car maker refusing to deny the fact when asked.
Please understand that at this point we cannot confirm your request nor give you further details. We would like to refer you to our press release.
The statement being referenced is originally from December 2019, with BMW reiterating its intention to work on integration with smart devices. That certainly sounds like CarKey.
The BMW Group took a leading role in the seamless integration of smart devices and the customers’ digital ecosystem in the early stages. Providing customers with simple, connected and “keyless” access to their vehicles has been a key area of innovation. Today, it is already possible to lock and unlock the vehicle, start the engine and share the key with others using the BMW Digital Key as part of BMW Connected on the smartphone. But this is only the first step in a global technological transformation being shaped and led by the BMW Group.
We’re still a few months away from Apple announcing iOS 14 during WWDC. 9to5Mac believes that CarKey may required Apple’s U1, or ultra-wide band chip – something that’s only available in the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro right now. With that in mind, we’d expect more devices to gain that chip, and soon, especially considering it’s a chip that’s needed by the upcoming AirTags accessory, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 For Compatible Devices Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak – How To
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak