The onslaught of iOS 14 leaks continues, with the latest being that the update will bring a new view to the iPhone’s Home screen. Users will be able to see all of their apps in a new, list-based view.
Currently, iPhone users can only see their apps as a grid of icons across multiple screens.
They can search for apps using Spotlight, but that will only show apps that match the search term. This new view will list every app installed on your device, according to the report.
That alone doesn’t sound particularly useful, but the report says there will be additional sorting options to help surface apps.
Furthermore, the list view will include several different sorting options and other details. For instance, you’ll be able to filter applications such that you see all apps that currently have unread notifications. There will also be support for filtering apps by recently used, giving you better awareness of the apps you use most and least often.
It also sounds like we can expect the list to feature Siri suggestions, just as the Today screen currently does. Apps will be suggested based on users’ location, or the time of day. You might be shown your email app at the start of the business day, or the calendar app if you have an appointment for example.
There’s also news that iOS 14 will bring in gesture support to switch between apps for the rumored iPad Pro Smart Keyboard with a trackpad.
It’s still early days for iOS 14 and there is plenty of time for these features to be tweaked or removed entirely. We expect iOS 14 to be announced at WWDC in June, so we’ll likely hear more before then.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak