Apple’s upcoming iOS 15 and macOS Monterey updates will allow people to record 15 seconds of gameplay by pressing a button on their controller, according to reports.
The same feature is currently available on various game consoles and PC, but this is the first time it will come to Apple platforms.
Gamers will need to be using a compatible controller to take advantage of the new features, according to a MacRumors report.
Instead of having to remember to start and stop a screen recording while playing a game, this optional new feature allows iPhone, iPad, and Mac users to capture 15-second highlight videos by simply long pressing the Share (or Create) button on a supported game controller, such as the Xbox Series X/S controller or the PS5 DualSense controller.
Compatible controllers that use the MFi program will also work, we’re told. Gamers will then be able to share the video clips as they like.
The iOS 15 and macOS Monterey updates will be made available to the public later this year. They’re both available to developers right now while a public beta program will begin running next month. The updates will release alongside iPadOS, tvOS, and watchOS updates as well.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 15 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 12, Pro, 11, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 15 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Download iOS 15 Beta 1 Along With iPadOS 15 Beta 1
- Download: iOS 14.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.6 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.6 And iPadOS 14.6 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak