When Apple releases iOS 15 later this year users will be able to make changes that prevent specific people from appearing in Memories in the Photos app and in widgets.
Apple already offers users the chance to “feature this person less” when editing memories, but a new option will allow users to prevent someone from appearing as a Memories features image at all. That also means that they won’t appear in iPhone and iPad widgets, too.
The reason for this to be a popular feature is pretty obvious. Some people have exes that they don’t want to see or loved ones that are no longer around. For whatever reason, ensuring specific people don’t appear could be beneficial for a ton of people.
Another option would of course be to just delete the photos in question, although that might not be the option you want to take depending on your specific situation.
The new feature will be part of iOS 15 when it ships to the world later this year.
The iOS 15 update is now in the hands of developers, while a public beta program will go live next month. The update will be released to everyone else later this year, likely in or around the middle of September.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 15 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 12, Pro, 11, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 15 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Download iOS 15 Beta 1 Along With iPadOS 15 Beta 1
- Download: iOS 14.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.6 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.6 And iPadOS 14.6 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak