If you’re self-conscious about talking to Alexa and own an iPhone, you’re in luck. The Alexa app now supports the ability to type to Alexa instead.
It’s currently available as a Public Preview for people in the United States, according to a report.
The feature will presumably be coming to Android and iPhone users outside of the United States eventually, but Amazon is now testing it in the United States rather than turning it loose, according to The Verge.
“Type with Alexa is a Public Preview feature available to iOS Alexa app customers allowing you to interact with Alexa without using voice, meaning everything you can currently say to Alexa can now also be typed using your Alexa mobile app. Type with Alexa is available to iOS customers in the U.S.,” said an Amazon spokesperson.
Accessing the feature is a simple case of opening the Alexa app and then tapping the keyboard icon in the top left corner of the app. It’s worth remembering that this isn’t the finished product, however, and things could be a little less than perfect for the time being.
Apple’s Siri already supports typing to ask the digital assistant a question – something that can be useful if you’re in an environment where talking aloud could be problematic or downright embarrassing.
(Source: The Ambient)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Apple Releases iOS 14.3 Beta 3 And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 3 To Developers
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak