Apple announced its iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro lineup yesterday, complete with the news that none of the new handsets will ship with chargers or EarPods in the box. Now it seems Apple has gone a step further – the existing iPhone 11, iPhone XR, and iPhone SE have also seen their chargers and EarPods removed.
Apple will presumably also now ship the existing iPhones in smaller boxes, as it is with the new iPhone 12 release.
Inside that box buyers will see the new USB-C to Lightning cable, at least. But they’ll need to find their own EarPods and charger.
Apple has reduced the price of EarPods by $10, but it will surely be hoping that people pick up a pair of AirPods or AirPods Pro instead.
Apple is also removing the power adapter and EarPods from iPhone packaging, further reducing carbon emissions and avoiding the mining and use of precious materials, which enables smaller and lighter packaging, and allows for 70 percent more boxes to be shipped on a pallet. Taken altogether, these changes will cut over 2 million metric tons of carbon emissions annually, equivalent to removing nearly 450,000 cars from the road per year.
Apple already made a similar move with its Apple Watches and it will no doubt be looking to remove everything it can from boxes in order to save size, weight, and presumably money!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak