Apple released the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro today with buyers collecting their devices from stores around the world. Others sat at home waiting for the delivery van to bring their new iPhone but however they got their handset, new buyers will be hoping for an increase in battery life over their old iPhone.
If that old iPhone was an iPhone 11 Pro, they might be disappointed.
That’s according to a new round of battery tests carried out by Arun Maini and posted to YouTube. In those tests we see a number of iPhones put to the test to see how their battery life holds up. All of the iPhones had their SIM card removed and displays set to the same brightness beforehand, too.
Check out the video to see how things went down.
For those who’d rather just see the results, here we go:
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: 8 hours and 29 minutes
- iPhone 11 Pro: 7 hours and 36 minutes
- iPhone 12: 6 hours and 41 minutes
- iPhone 12 Pro: 6 hours and 35 minutes
- iPhone 11: 5 hours and 8 minutes
- iPhone XR: 4 hours and 31 minutes
- iPhone SE (2020): 3 hours and 59 minutes
Considering the news the new iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro have smaller batteries than the iPhone 11 Pro this should perhaps not be all that surprising. That being said, you expect new iPhones to last longer per charge, especially given the fact their batteries are brand new. We’ll have to wait and see whether this test is a one-off or if people see similar battery results in day-to-day life.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak