Apple is expected to unveil its iPhone 8 and iPhone 7s handsets later this year, with the smart money being on a September announcement and release.
Predictably, as that time edges ever closer, we are beginning to see more and more information about the devices start to eek out of manufacturers of cases and the like, with the latest news coming from the CEO of Wistron, the company that will actually make some iPhone 8 devices at its India plant.
Speaking to Nikkei Asian Review, CEO Robert Hwang spoke of the work that his company is doing while presumably accidentally confirming two features that we almost expected to be on the iPhone 8 feature list later this year. The first of those is waterproof capabilities, something that is far from a surprise. However, Hwang’s confirmation that the new flagship iPhone will feature wireless charging is more interesting.
Despite numerous rumors suggesting such a feature will arrive on at least one of 2017’s iPhone releases, it was very much in the camp of being something that we would 100% believe only once Apple announced it. Now, we might have just had the closest thing to exactly that happening that we will see this side of September.
“Assembly process for the previous generations of [iPhones] have not changed much, though new features like waterproof and wireless charging now require some different testing, and waterproof function will alter the assembly process a bit.”
Hwang says that his firm is currently in the process of building “a small number” of iPhones for Apple, going on to say that the volume of such business moving forward will depend on how well Apple and the Indian government get on with each other. Reports had already suggested that the government had rejected Apple’s demands for concessions in the country. This, however, would appear not to have prevented Apple from progressing its plan to manufacturer in that part of the world.
You may also like to check out:
- Fix Snapchat Could Not Connect Error On iOS 11 iPhone, Here’s How [2017 Edition]
- Fix Kodi 17 Unable To Connect Network / Couldn’t Retrieve Directory Information Error, Here’s How
- How To Fix PS4 Slow WiFi Speed Issues [2017 Edition]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta OTA Configuration Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]