Apple’s inclusion of eSIM support in the iPhone XS /XS Max and iPhone XR is a great way for people to be able to take advantage of dual-SIM options without having to have two physical SIMs installed.
That could make the switching of carriers even easier than before, and if nothing else it means that we won’t need to go looking for something to poke into the SIM card tray every time we travel and need to switch a card. It’s not all great news though, because while eSIM support is on the rise, there are currently just ten carriers on the entire planet that support it.
As of the time of writing the handful of carriers is still small with those countries that do have a carrier with support often only having the one, including countries like the UK and Spain.
The full list reads:
Austria – T-Mobile
Canada – Bell
Croatia – Hrvatski Telekom
Czech Republic – T-Mobile
Germany – Telekom, Vodafone
Hungary – Magyar Telekom
India – Airtel, Reliance Jio
Spain – Vodafone Spain
UK – EE
United States – AT&T, T-Mobile USA, Verizon Wireless
Those with keen eyes will have noticed that in the United States, Sprint does not yet offer support for eSIM and in the UK, things are even worse with most of the big carriers not yet supporting it. However, the fact that Apple’s two flagship iPhones now offer support for eSIMs will hopefully ensure that more carriers will also jump on board. Apple prides itself on pushing industries forward, and this is one example of where it will hope to be able to do exactly that.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone XS / XS Max Power Bank: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- iPhone XS / XS Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone XS, XS Max Case? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone Xs / Xs Max 10W Fast Wireless Charger: Here Are The Best Ones
- iPhone XS Max USB-C PD Fast Charger For Power Delivery: Here Are The Best Ones
- iPhone X / XS Max USB-C PD Car Charger For Fast Charging: Here Are The Best Ones [List]
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 GM Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]