Here’s how to jailbreak iOS 13.7 and iPadOS 13.7 using the extremely popular checkm8-based checkra1n on compatible iPhone and iPad hardware.
To make things easier to follow, we’ve also included a stunning video walkthrough of the process!
Below, we’ve embedded a video that runs through the steps you need to take to get your iPhone or iPad jailbroken.
It’s important to note that since Checkra1n is based on hardware-based bootrom exploit, it will only work on iPhone X and below devices.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
Step 1: Jump on over to the checkra1n website and download the latest version of the jailbreak tool. You can find the website at the following URL: checkra.in
Step 2: With the latest checkra1n utility downloaded, locate the downloaded DMG file (it’s likely in your Downloads folder) and drag it into your /Applications folder.
Step 3: If you get an error saying that the application isn’t trusted or isn’t supported, then you’ll find a few steps below that you’ll need to follow to fix it. Otherwise, skip straight to Step 4:
- Fire up the System Preferences app and jump into the Security & Privacy option.
- Select Open Anyway followed by Open and enter your password when prompted.
- Run the checkra1n app again, and it should work as intended.
Step 4: Now that checkra1n is up and running as expected, connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using a Lightning cable.
Step 5: With Checkra1n running, head into the Checkra1n Options and check the “Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions” option. Once you have made sure that the option is checked, select Back.
Step 6: Click the Start button in the Checkra1n app and then select OK.
Step 7: Select Next and then follow the instructions that you see on the screen. This will put your iPhone into DFU mode. Keep in mind that the steps will vary depending on what device you are jailbreaking.
Step 8: Once Checkra1n detects that your device is in DFU mode, it will go about its business and jailbreak the device. This will result in the iPhone or iPad going through the reboot process a few times.
Step 9: Once the process is complete, unplug the device from your machine and launch the checkra1n app on your iPhone.
Step 10: Tap Cydia and then Install Cydia to complete the process that will put the oh-so-familiar Cydia store onto your device.
And there you have it! You will be left with a jailbroken device running iOS 13.6.1 with access to Cydia. Enjoy.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 6 IPSW Links, OTA Profile & iPadOS 14 Beta 6 Released
- Get iOS 14 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.7 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Released With Automatic COVID-19 Notifications
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Video Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.6.1
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak