Here’s how to jailbreak iOS 14.3 and also iPadOS 14.3 using the extremely popular checkra1n jailbreak utility that relies on the bootrom-based checkm8 exploit offering a lifetime jailbreak for specific devices.
In order to go through the process that you are about to read, you’ll need a compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 14.3 or iPadOS 14.3 as well as an Apple Mac computer in order to download and run the initial app that kicks off the whole process.
Note: Checkra1n 0.12.1 beta currently offers the following support:
- Official support for iOS 12.0 – 14.2
- Official support for iOS/tvOS 14.2 (A8(X)-A9(X) running iOS and iPadOS; all tvOS devices are supported)
- Official support for Apple TV 4K breakout boards (Standard and Advanced)
Supported devices include:
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation
- Apple TV 4 and 4K
- iBridge T2
The following devices aren’t currently supported but will be in a future update to checkra1n:
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPad 6th and 7th generation
- iPod touch 7
- iPad Pro 2nd generation
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X
If you have taken the time to review all of the information above and still want to proceed with the jailbreaking of your iPhone or iPad running iOS 14.3 or iPadOS 14.3, then the process that you need is documented below:
Step 1: Head on over to checkra.in and download the latest version of the Checkra1n jailbreak tool to your Mac.
Step 2: Take the DMG file that comes with the download and install it to your /Applications folder.
Step 3: If Apple’s security settings won’t allow your Mac to open the application, then follow the steps below. Or, if everything opens as you would expect and no errors are shown on your display, then move to Step 4:
- Head into the System Preferences app and select the Security & Privacy option.
- Select “Open Anyway” followed by “Open” and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Try to run the checkra1n app again and you shouldn’t have any issues.
Step 4: Launch the Checkra1n application from your /Applications folder. Now move into the Checkra1n Options and check the “Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions” option. Select Back. This will allow you to jailbreak iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3 unofficially as the version of Checkra1n currently available does not officially support it yet.
Step 5: Connect your device via a Lightning cable and then click the Start button and select OK. Ensure that the Checkra1n app is still running during the connection process.
Step 6: Select “Next” and then carry on through the process with the instructions that the Checkra1n app gives you. This will result in your device going into DFU Mode.
Step 7: The iPhone or iPad will reboot a few times during the process so don’t get concerned when that happens. Checkra1n is now pretty much in control of the process and will take the driver’s seat from here-on-in.
Step 8: When the jailbreak process has all-but finished, you can unplug the Lightning cable and tap the checkra1n app on your device to launch the app. Tap Cydia and then Install Cydia to complete the process.
And the rest, as they say, is history. You will now be staring at a jailbroken iPhone or iPad running iOS/iPadOS 14.3.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak