Here’s how to jailbreak iOS 14.4.2 and iPadOS 14.4.2 using the extremely popular checkra1n jailbreak utility the correct and easy way.
If you intend on jailbreaking this latest version of iOS, then this is the process that you will need.
You are able to jailbreak both an iPhone and iPad so long as they are running iOS 14.4.2 and iPadOS 14.4.2. It’s also worth noting that you will need to have access to a Mac in order to complete this process.
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation
- Apple TV 4 and 4K
- iBridge T2
The following devices aren’t currently supported but will be compatible with a future update to checkra1n:
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPad 6th and 7th generation
- iPod touch 7
- iPad Pro 2nd generation
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X
Step 1: Head on over to checkra.in and download the latest version of the checkra1n jailbreak app for your Mac.
Step 2: Locate the DMG file that you just downloaded from the website and install it into your /Applications folder on the Mac.
Step 3: If Apple’s security settings won’t allow your Mac to open the app, then follow the steps below. If everything opens as you would expect and no errors are shown on your display, then skip and move on to Step 4:
- Head into the System Preferences app and select the Security & Privacy option.
- Select “Open Anyway” followed by “Open” and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Try to run the checkra1n app again and you shouldn’t have any issues.
Step 4: Launch the checkra1n app. Open the checkra1n Options and check the “Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions” option. Now, select Back. This will allow you to jailbreak iOS 14.4.2 and iPadOS 14.4.2 if the version of checkra1n you are still using currently available does not officially support it yet.
Step 5: Connect your device via the provided Lightning cable and then click the Start button and select OK. Make sure that the checkra1n app continues to run without any interruption.
Step 6: Choose “Next” and then follow the instructions that the checkra1n app provides to you. Following these steps will result in your device getting put into DFU Mode.
Step 7: The iPhone or iPad will reboot a few times during the process so don’t get concerned when that happens.
And that is literally all that she wrote. You will now have a jailbroken device running iOS 14.4.2.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.4.2 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.4.2 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.4.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download Unc0ver v6.0.0 IPA iPhone 12 Jailbreak For iOS 14.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak