Here’s how to jailbreak iOS 14.5.1 and iPadOS 14.5.1 using the hugely popular checkra1n jailbreak utility the correct and easy way.
Jailbreaking your iPhone and iPad is now relatively easy so long as you have a compatible device.
At the time of writing those devices include:
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation
- Apple TV 4 and 4K
- iBridge T2
That’s the good news. The bad news is that the following devices are not supported by this jailbreak, so keep that in mind when you’re planning things out.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPad 6th and 7th generation
- iPod touch 7
- iPad Pro 2nd generation
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X
With that said, here’s how to get your jailbreak on.
Step 1: Head over to checkra.in and download the latest version of the checkra1n app for your Mac.
Step 2: Locate the DMG file that you just downloaded from the website and install it into your /Applications folder on the Mac.
Step 3: If Apple’s security settings won’t allow your Mac to open the app you will need to follow the steps below. If everything opens without any issues you can then skip and move on to Step 4:
- Head into the System Preferences app and select the Security & Privacy option.
- Select “Open Anyway” followed by “Open” and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Try to run the checkra1n app again and you shouldn’t have any issues.
Step 4: Launch the checkra1n app. Open the checkra1n Options and check the “Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions” option. Now, select Back. This will allow you to jailbreak iOS 14.5.1 and iPadOS 14..5.1 if the version of checkra1n you are still using currently available does not officially support it yet.
Step 5: Connect your device via the provided Lightning cable and then click the Start button and select OK. Make sure that the checkra1n app continues to run without any interruption.
Step 6: Choose “Next” and then follow the instructions that the checkra1n app provides to you. Following these steps will result in your device getting put into DFU Mode.
That’s it! Allow your device to reboot a couple of times automatically, and you will then have a jailbroken Apple device on your hands running iOS 14.5.1!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.5.1 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.5.1 And iPadOS 14.5.1 [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checkin
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak