Kodi 19 will be available to download for tvOS running Apple TV devices but will drop support for 32-bit devices. Here are the details.
The team behind the ever-popular Kodi media software has recently published a new blog post, telling us about a couple of important things to note for the next version 19 update. Kodi 19 will support tvOS, while those running 32-bit iOS devices will be left out in the cold.
The new support for tvOS is an important one, although you will need to jailbreak or sideload it to your Apple TV in order to take advantage of it.
In the upcoming Kodi 19, tvOS will be added as new platform. It will be fully featured, supporting top-shelf* and the Siri remote, with support for both the Apple 4 and 4K. Similar to iOS, it will require jailbreaking or sideloading.
But it isn’t all good news. In order to keep things under control, the team working on these updates has had to ditch 32-bit iOS devices. That means you’ll need to have an iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, or iPod touch 6th generation or newer to use Kodi from version 19 onwards.
Unfortunately, in order to keep things maintainable, we have decided that iOS 32-bit will no longer be supported from Kodi 19 onwards. We understand this will affect our users, and we don’t make this decision lightly. As a small team of volunteers, we have to balance maintainability and the time it takes to add new features in the future.
That will no doubt be disappointing news for some, but it’s unlikely to be a decision that the Kodi team came to lightly. All recent Apple devices are 64-bit, so hopefully this won’t impact too many people anyway.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 For Compatible Devices Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak – How To
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak