Korg’s Gadget music production app combines an ever expanding collection of synthesizers and drum machines with “all-in-one” recording features. While there are some IAPs that get in the way of unlocking the complete collection, it is one of the more interesting and useful arsenals of sound sources on the App Store. Ahead of NAMM 2017, Korg has announced the once iOS only synth suite will soon be making its way to Mac.
While already possible to integrate into Mac recording set-ups, things are getting much easier with the announcement of Korg Gadget for Mac. It will bring together more than 30 devices (otherwise known as gadgets) including two new audio recording modules, 4-way split screen view modes, a brand new drum gadget and “seamless integration” with the iOS app (sharing tracks/pr0jects back and forth we hope). Additionally, and maybe most intersting for me personally, is the inclusion of the Gadget Plug-in Collection which will see a series of the modules formatted to load right up in Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, Ableton and other major DAWs (AU, VST, AAX, and NKS.)
Along with a series of emulations based on Korg’s long standing history as one of the premiere hardware synth makers in the recording industry, the collection includes a number of new and unique sound makers. There is some very cool stuff here from the dirty leads of the Berlin mono synth and sweet poly ambience of the Helsinki, to outright wacky noise makers and beat machines like the Amsterdam SFX boombox and the analog percussion synth known as Tokyo. All will be welcomed additions to my Logic Pro X library.
An official release date and price is expected come January 19th at the start of this year’s NAMM show.
More from Korg:
The award winning KORG Gadget music production iOS app is soon to be released for the Mac. Building on the smooth operability and intuitive user interface of the iOS version, “KORG Gadget for Mac” provides a new dimension of inspiration for every creative artist. The Mac version also comes with “Gadget Plug-In Collection,” a magnificent collection of plug-ins that support AU, VST, AAX, and NKS. With KORG Gadget, you can use the Mac version at home and the iOS version when you are mobile, letting you enjoy a seamless workflow and ideal music production experience. The care that KORG has paid to hardware instruments over more than 50 years of experience has been channeled into the powerful cutting-edge musical software that is KORG Gadget. Now, the ultimate all-in-one music production studio extends its scope to a new platform and brings a new level of music making for Mac users everywhere.
Main features of KORG Gadget for Mac
* Award winning KORG Gadget currently iOS only will soon be available for Mac.
* The ultimate Gadget collection includes all of the more than 30 gadgets.
* Intuitive and simple operation that delivers powerful music production
* Power users can get back to the basics, beginners can jump right into great music making.
* Takes advantage of the large screen with a single-window four-split (divided in four) screen design.
* Comes with “Gadget Plug-in Collection,” a magnificent collection of plug-ins that support AU, VST, AAX, and NKS.
* Two new gadgets provide long-awaited audio recording.
* A new powerful drum gadget with 16 pads.
* Supports the latest technology including Allihoopa, Ableton Link, and Bluetooth MIDI.
* Seamless connection between KORG Gadget for iOS and KORG Gadget for Mac enables a smooth workflow so you can produce music anytime and anywhere.