Apple’s unannounced mixed reality headset will feature no fewer than 15 different cameras. That’s according to a new research note shared by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
According to the note, seen by MacRumors, there will be 15 cameras of which eight will be used for augmented reality experiences.
A further six will offer “innovative biometrics,” while the one remaining camera will be used for object detection, the report says.
The report goes on to discuss the weight of the current prototypes as well as the weight Apple’s headset is expected to pack once it goes into production ahead of a launch in 2022.
The headset will be “portable” with independent computing power and storage, but not “mobile” like an iPhone. Current prototypes weigh in at 200 to 300 grams, but the final weight may be reduced to 100 to 200 grams should Apple be able to solve technical problems.
Based on those numbers and according to Kuo, Apple’s headset will be significantly less hefty than those from competing products. Pricing is obviously up in the air, but anything around the $1,000 price point makes sense given the technology in play.
Apple has been rumored to have a mixed reality headset in the works for years now, with a launch thought to be edging ever closer. The latest suggestion is that we will see its arrival next year, although that is obviously subject to change.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.4.1 Out Now
- How To Jailbreak iOS 14.3 With Unc0ver v6.0.0 On iPhone 12 Using AltStore
- Download Unc0ver v6.0.0 IPA iPhone 12 Jailbreak For iOS 14.3
- Want To Downgrade To iOS 14.3 From iOS 14.4 For Unc0ver Jailbreak? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 14.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak