Apple’s release of iOS 14 in September saw tons of people begin customizing their Home screens in ways previously unheard of. Now they can do it easier thanks to an updated version of Launch Center Pro.
The way people were creating custom icons before this update was to use Shortcuts. That had the unfortunate issue of needing Shortcuts to launch every time someone tapped an icon. It grew old, fast.
Luckily, Launch Center Pro has gotten around all that by using Profiles and URL schemes.
There result is an icon that launches straight into the app in question without having to first open Shortcuts or, for that matter, Launch Center Pro. Even better, the use of Profiles means that multiple icons can be added to the Home screen at once, too.
As 9to5Mac points out, that makes the whole process of creating custom icons easier – and with more than 7000 glyphs to choose from we’re sure there’s one for every app you can think of.
When you create a new Shortcut with a custom icon to open an app, iOS first opens the Shortcuts app and then redirects to the chosen app. Launch Center Pro uses configuration profiles to add custom icons to the iOS home screen without ever running the Shortcuts app, so the process becomes easier and more intuitive.
You can download the updated version of Launch Center Pro from the App Store right now. It’s free, with in-app purchases available.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak