Apple has a new lawsuit to contend with, this time a class-action that alleges Apple knew all about the infamous stage light issue that impacted the displays built into some MacBook Pro models.
MacBook Pro notebooks built between 2016 and 2017 were affected, with users noticing that they had darker patches on portions of their screen than others, with light also bleeding through.
When the issue was found in 2018 someone suggested that it looked like the stage light effect you’d see in a theater and, sure enough, the name stuck.
While Apple has not rectified the issue, the new lawsuit claims Apple knew about the problem and the faulty cabling that caused it.
Apple was aware of the issues with the backlight screen and the defective flex cable, in light of the comments posted by consumers on Apple’s discussion forum and that those comments were deleted after they were posted.
As is predictable, the plaintiffs want damages, relief measures, and court fees if they are successful. They also want Apple to identify and then declare all impacted MacBook Pros, with there likely to be a ton of users out there who don’t know that their machine could exhibit the issue in the future.
This is of course the second lawsuit relating to this issue, but considering they are both for the same issue and were both filed in the same location, it’s likely they’ll eventually be rolled into a single case.
(Via: Apple Insider)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 5 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect From Apple
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 5 Now Available
- iOS 14 Beta 5 OTA Profile File Download Released Without Dev Account
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Video Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.6.1
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak