The announcement of macOS 10.15 next week is already looking to be a big one for anyone following along, and existing rumors already have Apple getting ready to finally break iTunes up into different apps. Now we’ve seen what that will look like after 9to5Mac was able to get their hands on a couple of screenshots showing the new Music and TV apps.
The iTunes app has been around for a long, long time and it’s grown unwieldy to say the least. With apps, music, movies, and TV shows all under one roof as well as the management of iOS devices, iTunes needed work. The creation of Music and TV apps akin to those that live on iOS was always the approach that made the most sense. And now it appears to be happening.
The screenshots appear to show exactly that – new Music and TV apps. Both appear sparse in these screenshots, although it’s possible that is to protect the identity of the person who shared the screenshots in the first place. Both apps are essentially the same, with a sidebar hosting different lists and playlists.
The Music app has play controls across the top, while the TV app has sections that can be selected including Watch Now, Movies, TV Shows, Kids, and Library.
As we previously reported, the new Music app is based on iTunes. Both the Music and TV apps present a similar design language, with a gray sidebar listing sections of content and a large area on the right for the actual content.
We’ll no doubt get to see both apps in all their glory when Apple shows macOS 10.15 off properly this coming Monday, when the WWDC 2019 keynote kicks off. We’ll be keeping our eyes and ears peeled ahead of then for any further leaks, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 12.3.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out, Here’s Changelog And Release Notes
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out Now
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad