Apple has announced and released a new version of Logic Pro X, its music and audio production app. The release, bringing Logic Pro X up to version 10.4.5, adds new features that are specifically designed to take advantage of the upcoming Mac Pro.
When the Mac Pro was announced during WWDC’s opening keynote last week, one of the demonstrations showed an as-yet unreleased version of Logic Pro X handling huge numbers of channels in real-time.
This update appears to be the one used on-stage, and Apple says that it now supports up to 56 processing threads ready for the Mac Pro’s high-end 28-core CPU.
Mac Pro together with Logic Pro X 10.4.5 allows pro musicians to do things never before possible in the production process. With the new Mac Pro, Logic can now run up to five times the number of real-time plug-ins compared to the previous generation Mac Pro. Logic Pro X 10.4.5 increases the available track and channel count for all users, now supporting up to 1,000 audio tracks and 1,000 software instrument tracks, providing four times the number of available tracks for the most complex productions.
Along with support for the raw power of the new Mac Pro, this update also includes support for a redesigned DeEsser 2 plug-in for more options to “reduce sibilants on audio tracks” as well as the ability to send MIDI beat clocks to individual ports with their own unique settings.
Finally, the loop browser can now filter by loop type while also including support for the dragging and dropping of multiple loops simultaneously.
This Logic Pro X 10.4.5 update is free fo fall existing users, with the app available for $199.99 if you’re yet to pick it up.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Profile Download Free Along With iPadOS 13 Will Be Available This July, Confirms Apple
- iOS 13 Beta 1 OTA Configuration Profile And iPadOS 13 Download Not Released Yet, Here’s Why
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Download Release Date Announced Along With macOS 10.15, tvOS 13 Public Betas
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]