Apple’s new M1 Macs are out in the wild and we’ve heard some pretty stellar things about their capabilities in both performance and battery life. But it seems that things aren’t all rosy in the M1 world with some people reporting that they’re having Bluetooth connectivity issues.
In some cases, Bluetooth connections simply refuse to work at all.
The issues appear to be spread across all M1 Macs including the MacBook Air, 13-inch MacBook Pro, and Mac mini and so far there doesn’t seem to be a fix. Issues reported include devices not connecting and others refusing to stay connected for any length of time. As one user on Reddit points out:
I am using the Logitech Mx keys keyboard, and MX Master 3 mouse. On the very first boot, it would not recognize the keyboard or mouse as available to pair via Bluetooth. I resorted to a wired keyboard and mouse to get through setup. After that I was able to pair both, and they work great. However any time I reboot the machine, I can’t log in because the keyboard and mouse are not connected. Using the wired keyboard lets me log in, and then the bluetooth keyboard and mouse start working again. I’ve submitted a bug report, but I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
People have been taking to social media and the MacRumors forums to complain with some users even having similar problems even after having their Macs replaced.
There’s no real indication of how widely this is impacting the new Macs, however. While there are people complaining there are obviously plenty who aren’t. The ratios between those two groups aren’t clear just now but we might learn more as the M1 Macs sell through retailers.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak