Whenever Apple releases a new device, especially an iPhone, there is often a spate of unsavory goings on like devices being stolen and stores being robbed.
Unfortunately, this sometimes results in personal injury too, and with the iPhone X the hot property right now, it was perhaps only a matter of time before someone was injured thanks to their iPhone.
According to reports, a Georgia man suffered a broken collarbone after he was involved in an altercation that eventually ended with his assailant making off with an iPhone X that he was trying to sell. David Stowers had placed an ad via the Letgo app and met a would-be buyer in public, thinking that would add safety to proceedings. However, rather than flipping his iPhone X for the $1300 he was expecting, Stowers found himself in agony.
“We sit down (and) I take the phone out of the bag,” Stowers told Atlanta television station WSB-TV. “He’s looking at it. I thought something was wrong. I got a weird feeling like it’s not going to end well.”
The thief took off with the phone, and while Stowers was able to catch him when a store’s automatic doors did not open quickly enough for the thief to make a getaway, he found himself slammed into the ground by his attacker, ending up with a broken collarbone. Thankfully, Kennesaw Police arrived and arrested the alleged thief, Kievan McGhee, and his supposed getaway driver, Michael Rogers. Both are still in custody. We don’t know how well the iPhone X stood up to the kerfuffle, but in all honesty, that’s the least of our worries.
Thankfully, nobody was more seriously injured – collarbones heal, after all.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.1.2 Changelog, Release Notes, Security Content Released
- GBA4iOS 2.1.1 IPA Download For iOS 11 Adds Fix For Dropbox Sync Issue
- Colossus Kodi Repo, Ares Wizard, More Are Down At The Moment, Here’s Why
- Download iOS 11.1.2 IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.2, 11.1.1 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 / 11.1.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]