Microsoft Teams is set to add Apple CarPlat support to its iOS app, according to a new report by The Verge. The move, which definitely comes out of left field, will allow users to take calls while they are on the move.
While it’s fair to say that few people are concerned about taking meetings in a car at a time where people just aren’t traveling, the feature could be beneficial at some point in the future. Teams users will be able to initiate and join calls from their dashboard or use Siri hands-free if they prefer.
However, The Verge notes that there’s no indication when Android Auto will get the same feature.
Finally, Microsoft is also bringing CarPlay support to Microsoft Teams. This will allow cars with built-in CarPlay to control Teams and for people to use Siri to initiate or answer calls. It’s not clear when Microsoft Team will support Android Auto in the future, though.
A feature that more people ar likely to take advantage of is one that will allow users transfer calls between mobiles and computers, although that won’t be ready for a little while yet.
Microsoft Teams gets an overhauled calling interface, CarPlay support, and morehttps://t.co/8RLBBOywb3 pic.twitter.com/fhFTSUSagr
— The Verge (@verge) December 1, 2020
Microsoft Teams users will also be able to transfer calls between mobile and desktop soon, allowing people to quickly move locations in the middle of an audio or video call. The Teams app will let people join without audio on an additional device, or simply transfer the call and end it automatically on other devices. Microsoft says this particular feature will be available in early 2021.
Microsoft Teams can be downloaded from the App Store for free and the new update should begin appearing in the App Store today.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak