There has been a lot made of Apple’s prevention of Microsoft launching Project xCloud on iPhone and iPad, and while streaming games from the internet isn’t something the new Xbox app will be able to do, it’ll offer the next best thing – streaming games from a local Xbox One.
According to a report by The Verge, the upcoming Xbox app will offer remote play functionality, something that isn’t offered right now. And it will presumably not need Apple’s seal of approval, either.
You will be able to access an Xbox console over Wi-Fi, or even an LTE or 5G connection, too. As this app takes control of your home Xbox, you can remotely start your console outside of your home. The Xbox will start up without a sound or the Xbox light at the front, and when you disconnect, it goes back into standby after a brief period of inactivity.
A Sony PlayStation Remote Play app is already available in the App Store, allowing gamers to do the same thing with their PlayStation 4 console.
Given the fact that got through Apple’s App Store review process, it’s unlikely the new Xbox app will have any issues.
Microsoft’s new Xbox app for iPhone lets you stream Xbox games to an iPhone 😎 It’s coming soon, and here’s how it works. More information here: https://t.co/zsQ7S2cEis pic.twitter.com/env64JlaAt
— Tom Warren (@tomwarren) September 25, 2020
The app is currently in the hands of those who are part of the TestFlight beta, so it shouldn’t be too long before we all get to take it for a spin.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.0.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.0.1
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 14 To iOS 13.7, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak