The game’s paid online gameplay feature known as “Realms” officially launched back in June for iOS, Android, and Windows 10 versions of Minecraft Pocket. “Realms” is essentially a service that makes it easy to set up and invite up to 10 friends to a private server for the game, allowing friends and family to play together online and across platforms where the game is available. Now that Realms is available for Apple TV, players will be able to access their servers setup through the service when playing the game there too.
Realms are available starting at $3.99 USD/month for a server that allows you and 2 friends or $7.99 USD/month for you and up to 10 others.
The addition of Xbox Live support means that users on Apple TV will now be able to sign-in using their credentials from Xbox, something that was previously unavailable. Realms uses Xbox Live for its online component, so support becomes available today as that service also comes to Apple TV.
Version 1.0.5 for Minecraft Pocket Edition is also rolling out to other platforms including iPhone and iPad with the addition of a new Power Rangers skin pack and other fixes and improvements. A list of new features is below and full details on the release can be found over at the Minecraft blog.
- Power Rangers skin pack
- Xbox Live and Realms support on Apple TV
- More commands: /title, /stopsound, /playsound, /clear, /difficulty, /effect, /me, /replaceitem, /spreadplayers, /testfor and /gamerule!
- Game rules: commandblockoutput, sendcommandfeedback, drowningdamage, falldamage, firedamage and pvp!
- Command blocks
- Minecart with command block
- Magnifying glass no longer appears over entered text in the Storage manager
- Jump range of magma cubes fixed to correct value (No bug ID)
- Lapis lazuli icon now in enchanting tables
- Accuracy of fireball shots from ghasts is now correct
- Accuracy of ghast fireball shots is now correct
- You will no longer get trapped & suffocate when reloading a world
- The beacon’s position is now correct when held in your hand
- Endermen once again have idle sounds
- Villagers no longer pick up your stuff when you die