Netflix is already doing pretty well for itself, but there is always room for improvement and that is exactly what the company is working on right now. According to a new report by TechCrunch, Netflix is testing a new subscription in select areas that allows customers to take out a mobile-only subscription, cutting prices from around $8 per month to $4 per month but restricting usage to mobile devices.
According to the report, it seems that the testing is currently taking place in Malaysia, with Netflix CEO Reed Hastings saying in an interview with Bloomberg last week that the company plans on testing new plans throughout Asia. To that end, Netflix confirmed to TechCrunch that similar plans that are mobile-only are being tested in “a few countries.”
The trial plan, while being mobile-only, also restricts video quality to just standard definition. It’s unclear whether Netflix is planning on offering the same trial anywhere it is already more popular such as the United States or Europe, but we would suspect not. In some of those countries right now, Netflix offers three subscription tiers – Basic, Standard, and Premium. Basic costs just $7.99 per month but only allows one stream at a time and again is standard definition only.
Increasing the cost to $10.99 gets the Standard plan, allowing two simultaneous streams in HD. The Premium option allows for four streams as well as HD and 4K streaming for $13.99.
Netflix is currently one of the best places to go for some of the biggest shows around. Hit after hit has been appearing on the streaming service, with the vast majority being content that the company commissioned itself.
(Sources: TechCrunch, Bloomberg)
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 On iPhone XS Max Achieved By KeenLab
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Gets New Hope As Project Zero’s Bug Has Been Found To Have Been Patched In iOS 12.1
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA For Compatible iPhone And iPad
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download 2018 iPad Pro Wallpapers For Any iPad, iPhone