Apple’s Tile-like trackers, dubbed AirTags, have been rumored and leaked for months now and we even heard the suggestion that AirTags could be announced during last year’s iPhone 11 announcement.
That didn’t happen, but rumors are again rampant that AirTags are just around the corner. Now a newly published patent has gone further to confirm that.
The new patent, spotted by Patently Apple, includes a number of images that match what we’ve seen leaked recently by Jon Prosser. But beyond the images, the description of the tags definitely fits what we’ve been expecting from the new trackers.
The patent filing further notes that a tag used for tracking physical objects may be a small, conveniently shaped device that can be attached to objects, such as keys, purses, or wallets, to help an owner find lost, misplaced, or stolen objects. The tag may feature a robust structural design that ensures reliable use through a variety of conditions and environments.
AirTags are thought to be heavily tied to the ultra wideband U1 chip that Apple is adding to its devices, allowing other machines to act as relays for location data. That’s also something that is outlined by Patently Apple here.
More broadly, a tag’s position, location, orientation, or other spatial parameter may be determinable by any device that is configured to communicate with the tag. Example devices include smartphones, tablets, laptop computers, wireless routers, desktop computing devices, home automation systems, or the like.
Some of the images even go so far as to show pendants and pouches that AirTags could fit into for easy storage in-use. That’s also something that Prosser has shared in recent weeks, suggesting that his information is accurate in the extreme. Interestingly, there also appears to be the suggestion here that an AirTag could fit into an Apple Watch band.
There have been rumors of late that claim Apple will announce the new AirTags trackers as soon as next month, with a November announcement expected.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak