With Apple set to announce a ton of new products in the next few weeks, one thing that might have to wait until next year is a new and updated Apple TV. That’s according to a new report by Bloomberg.
When it does arrive, we can expect a couple of important changes, however.
Chief among the improvements will be a new and more capable processor, as you’d expect. It’s thought the main aim here is to enable improved games as part of the Apple Arcade service. Interestingly, Bloomberg also claims there’s a new remote control in the offing, complete with a feature that will make it easier for people to find it when it inevitably goes missing.
Apple has also been developing a new Apple TV box with a faster processor for improved gaming and an upgraded remote control, however that device might not ship until next year, according to people familiar with its development. The company is working on a feature for the new remote similar to Find My iPhone that would make the TV accessory easier to find.
Unfortunately, the report doesn’t say anything about a change in the overall design of the Apple TV remote.
The current Siri Remote isn’t a great design with people often struggling to identify which around it is. The glass construction and fragility of the remote is less than ideal, too.
Bloomberg says we might have to wait until next year before we see this new Apple TV ship.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 6 IPSW Links, OTA Profile & iPadOS 14 Beta 6 Released
- Get iOS 14 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.7 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Released With Automatic COVID-19 Notifications
- Jailbreak iOS 13.7 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak