Apple seeded the latest build of iOS 14.3 to developers recently and it brought with it one change that could be huge for people who like to create custom app icons using the Shortcuts app – the Shortcuts app will no longer need to launch before the app in question.
Right now anyone who taps a shortcut on the Home screen will see the Shortcuts app open briefly before the linked app opens properly.
That’s less than ideal for all kinds of reasons, not least the fact it has to be one of the most irritating things ever. But with iOS 14.3 installed that no longer happens.
Instead, users see the Shortcuts banner appear from the top of the screen in a similar way to how an incoming phone call would be displayed. The banner automatically disappears on its own without any input from the user.
This will be a huge deal for those of us who want to be able to make our Home screens look just right without having to watch the Shortcuts app open first. It seems like a small thing, but just ask anyone who has to watch it happen every time they tap an app icon. It gets old, and fast.
iOS 14.3 Beta 2 no longer opens shortcuts app before lauching an app from a custom icon from shortcuts
There’s no indication when the iOS 14.3 update will be made available to everyone, but with beta 2 now in the hands of developers we can only hope that it isn’t going to be too long.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak