A new video, provided to 9to5Mac, claims to show a new and unannounced Apple product. Seemingly in prototype form, the item seems to be some sort of magnetic charging device.
It isn’t clear exactly what this is but there have been rumors that Apple is working on something similar to this. We’ve also heard that magnets in the back of the upcoming iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro are designed with something like this in mind.
We’ll find out more when the iPhones are announced next month.
However, as 9to5Mac notes, it isn’t clear whether this is something Apple will make itself or it’s simply something designed to help third-parties make their own accessories.
It’s unclear if the charging module pictured in the video is a prototype of an upcoming Apple product or a development unit that the company will provide to third-party accessory makers similar to what it does with the Apple Watch charger and other parts through its MFi program.
Video claims to show Apple magnetic wireless charger prototype. More at @9to5mac pic.twitter.com/BDReuIIW4C
— Jordan Kahn (@JordanKahn) September 17, 2020
Apple wireless charging past isn’t positive, though. It had to cancel AirPower following its inability to make it work as required. We’ve heard rumors of another wireless charging device being in the works and there is even a suggestion that AirPower could be resurrected. For now we’ll have to wait and see how the iPhone announcement goes – will it include something like this prototype?
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 Status Update For iPhone And iPad
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 13.7 To iOS 13.6.1, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak