Here is everything that you need to know, and the processes that you need to follow, to take your stock iOS 11.4.1 iPhone to a jailbroken unit running iOS 11.4 beta 3.
Apple is currently still signing iOS 11.4 beta 3, which means that you can use the latest version of Electra to jailbreak a compatible iPhone running that pre-release version of iOS 11.4 even if your device is running the latest iOS 11.4.1 final release.
Perform a Backup: As is usually the recommendation before going through any type of device restore or jailbreak process, you are advised to perform a full backup of the data on your device. There are a number of ways to do this. Just make sure that the data is saved in a remote or cloud location so that you can get all of your data and important information back should anything go wrong.
Download iOS 11.4 Beta 3: As you will know, being on iOS 11.4.1 won’t allow you to jailbreak as the exploited bugs used in Electra jailbreak have been patched by Apple in any firmware released after iOS 11.4 beta 3. So, with that in mind, you are going to need to downgrade to iOS 11.4 beta 3, which means that you are going to need to have the firmware file. You can grab that firmware file for iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, or iPhone X from the following resource: Download iOS 11.4 Beta 3 IPSW Links For iPhone X, 7, 8, Plus Devices For Electra Jailbreak. It’s important to note that iOS 11.4 beta 3 is still being signed for only the aforementioned iPhone models.
Downgrade to iOS 11.4 Beta 3: Now, with that IPSW file in your possession, you are going to need to downgrade your iPhone to ensure that it is running iOS 11.4 beta 3. This is the version of Apple’s firmware which is still being signed and which is susceptible to being jailbroken with the latest updated version of Electra. You can get to grip with the downgrade process here.
Jailbreak using Electra: Now, you’ve performed all the necessary steps, bar one; actually jailbreaking the device. In order to jailbreak iOS 11.4 beta 3, you are going to need to walk through the experience using the latest version of Electra. You can do this with or without having access to a computer with the help from the following links:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 beta 3 with a computer.
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 beta 3 without a computer.
And there you have it! A device originally running iOS 11.4.1 downgraded to iOS 11.4 beta 3 and jailbroken using the latest version of Electra. It’s worth keeping in mind that Apple is likely to close the signing window of iOS 11.4 beta 3 with great haste so if you are going to do this, then you better hurry before it gets too late.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 Status Update Now That Apple Has Released New Firmware Version
- Downgrade iOS 11.4.1 To Older Firmware Version On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]