Hugely popular bookmarking app Pinterest has a new update out and this one adds a big new feature for those running iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. With this new version of Pinterest installed people can take advantage of new iOS 14 Home screen widgets for the first time.
While the app update itself doesn’t specifically mention any kind of widgets or, to be honest, anything at all, they are most definitely there.
The feature was announced by Pinterest itself, and is indeed excellent news. Pinterest now offers not one, but two different sizes of iOS 14 Home screen widget with small and large options on offer.
The arrival of Home screen widgets is a bit deal because it allows users of the app to choose a board and have ideas appear on their Home screen. That could be the key to inspiration because they won’t need to head into the app to see whatever it is they save to the app.
Simply hold an area on your screen and tap the plus sign in the upper-left corner to choose from widgets.
Select the widget’s size and add to your home screen.
Select a board of yours or one you follow.
The image on the widget will change on hourly or daily basis, depending on the Pinner’s preferences, with an option to add a small or large-sized widget (medium-size isn’t optimal for Pin length). Tapping the widget will direct to that Pin in the app.
To move the widget, hold it and place it in the best spot.
We aren’t big Pinterest users but we can definitely see how this new feature could be a huge deal for those who are. You can download the newly updated version of Pinterest from the App Store right now. It’s free for both new and existing users across iPhone and iPad.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak