Sony has been adding some background to its claims that the PS5 will be backwardly compatible, saying that the new console will support more than 4,000 PS5 games. It isn’t all good news, however.
Sony said that “some PS4 games may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior when played on PS5 consoles”.
Even worse, Sony has already outlined a list of ten games that won’t work on the PS5 at all, no matter how hard you try.
- Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
- TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
- Just Deal With It!
- Shadow Complex Remastered
- Robinson: The Journey
- We Sing
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
- Joe’s Diner
There are some other things to note, too. Sony says the Share menu won’t work when you play a PS4 game on a PS5. Screenshots will need to be created using the Create button on a DualSense controller.
Sony does at least say that “select PS4 games” will work with the PS5’s Game Boost feature. That should mean that existing PS4 games will run with a higher frame rate than on a PS4, although Sony hasn’t said which games will be good to go.
Thankfully, it sounds like the vast majority of games will work just fine.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.0.1 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download iOS 14.0.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.0.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.0.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak