New schematics of what is said to be a 10.8-inch iPad have been shared by 91Mobiles, potentially giving us a look at the next iPad Air. The website suggests that these schematics are for a new, low-cost iPad. That would potentially put the iPad Air refresh out the window.
However, these schematics show one important thing – no Home button.
That’s a move we’ve been expecting of the iPad Air which might put more weight behind the thought that this is indeed the next mid-range iPad. Photos of a leaked manual, claiming to be for the new iPad Air, show something that looks very much like these schematics.
Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo had previously said that a new 10.8-inch iPad would arrive in the second half of this year, although he didn’t specify whether that was a new iPad Air or not.
Another oddity is the fact 91Mobiles claims that this iPad will have Face ID, something that seems very unlikely given the price point it’s also said to be aiming for. The iPad Air refresh is thought to feature Touch ID built into the power button, so that’s more likely to be the case here.
Regardless, we’d expect all of these questions to be answered fairly soon. New iPads have already appeared in Eurasian electronics databases and we’re likely to see an announcement in the next few weeks.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 6 IPSW Links, OTA Profile & iPadOS 14 Beta 6 Released
- Get iOS 14 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.7 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update With COVID-19 Notifications Without Apps Released
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Video Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.6.1
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak