The Raspberry Pi foundation has announced a new camera, available for use with its inexpensive computer kits. It’s called the High Quality Camera and costs just $50. You can order one now, with interchangeable lenses starting at just $25.
From the test images shared via the Raspberry Pi blog this camera is surprisingly good. It’s rated at 12-megapixels and is most likely to be used by those looking to set up a DIY baby monitor or security camera.
Full specifications include:
- 12.3 megapixel Sony IMX477 sensor
- 1.55μm × 1.55μm pixel size – double the pixel area of IMX219
- Back-illuminated sensor architecture for improved sensitivity
- Support for off-the-shelf C- and CS-mount lenses
- Integrated back-focus adjustment ring and tripod mount
We expect that over time people will use quite a wide variety of lenses, but for starters our Approved Resellers will be offering a couple of options: a 6 mm CS‑mount lens at $25, and a very shiny 16 mm C-mount lens priced at $50.
As if the camera itself wasn’t enough, the Raspberry Pi Foundation also has a guide that explains how it all works including the use of filters and whatnot. It even has some ideas for what the camera could be used for, with stop-motion animation being one idea that hadn’t crossed our minds. But now it sounds amazing!
Whether you’re looking to build your own smart doorbell or want to keep tabs on the wildlife in your garden, this is a great addition to the Raspberry Pi collection.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.5 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.5 Beta 3 Released
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Case: Here Are The Best Ones You Can Get Today [List]
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak