Apple is working on giving the iPhone 11 the ability to output audio to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously, according to a new report by Macotakara.
Currently, iPhones are able to be paired with multiple devices but only actually connected to one at a time.
If this report is accurate, the iPhone 11 will be able to output audio to two Bluetooth devices, such as AirPods or other headphones, at the same time. This could be very useful for times where multiple people want to listen to music or video content, such as on an airplane.
In the example offered by Macotakara, an iPhone could be connected to AirPods and a car entertainment system at the same time. That would allow music to be sent to those AirPods while navigation directions are sent to the car’s speakers or vice-versa. It’s a feature that absolutely has its benefits, and its addition to the iPhone would be a welcome one.
Support for multiple Bluetooth connections at the same time is already available as part of some Android devices, but the current crop of iPhones are not able to offer the feature.
If previous releases are anything to go by we can expect the iPhone 11 to be announced during a September event. We’ve heard various leaks relating to the 2019 iPhone lineup so far and we expect that to continue in the coming weeks as we edge nearer to the big day.
Before then, we’ll get a look at the software the new iPhones will use when Apple announces iOS 13 at WWDC on June 3rd 2019.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 12.3.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out, Here’s Changelog And Release Notes
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out Now
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad