The ongoing battle that technology companies face as they try to get products made continues, with coronavirus causing all manner of issues.
The most important thing is the health and safety of all those affected, but as ever, bottom lines have companies flustered. And Apple’s 5G iPhone might get dragged down, too.
According to a new Bank of America report, picked up by Bloomberg, it’s possible that we might see the expected September launch of a 5G iPhone delayed by a month. It’s claimed that this is based on a conversation with an “expert” who knows their way around Apple’s supply chain.
Bank of America wrote that Apple’s highly anticipated 5G iPhone could see its fall release delayed by a month as a result of the outbreak. The firm cited a conversation with an expert on the company’s supply chain, Elliot Lan. Lan also expects the launch of the iPhone SE2 will be delayed “by a few months” due to “both supply issues as well as the weaker demand environment from COVID-19.”
It’s thought that the 5G iPhone’s release will depend on whether Apple and it’s suppliers – Foxconn in particular – are able to ramp up production following factory closures and staff shortages. That ramping up is reportedly taking longer than everyone had hoped, and that might have a knock-on impact on Apple’s plans for this coming fall.
It’s unclear quite how everyone’s quarterly results will pan out because of the coronavirus situation, with Apple already having told investors that it won’t meet the guidance it offered last time around.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak